Flax Lily Dianella Tasmanica Variegata Qty 15 Live Plants Evergreen Shade Loving Grass
Mega Sale! Save 23% on the Flax Lily Dianella Tasmanica Variegata Qty 15 Live Plants Evergreen Shade Loving Grass by Florida Foliage at MV Green Garden Showcase. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Qty 15 fully rooted Dianella Flax Lily, or Dianella tasmanica 'Variegata'. This durable, variegated grass-like perennial has green and
This durable, variegated grass-like perennial has green and white-stripped foliage accented in winter and spring with small, blue flowers on wiry stems followed by blueberry like fruit. Its spreading growth habit reaches 4 feet tall (4-5 feet wide). Best performs as a specimen, container plant, ground cover, and border plant.
Features & Highlights
- Handsome strappy green leaves with contrasting yellow stripes will brighten the garden year-round. Stalks of shiny turquoise blue berries lasting from fall into winter create a colorful accent. Neat clumping habit is ideal for mass planting near pools, in garden beds and borders.
- Flax lily grows in clumps, and reaches a mature height and spread of between 1 and 3 feet. A variegated variety, Dianella tasmanica 'Variegata', is quite popular due to its white stripes, which provide additional visual interest to the landscape.
- Despite its common name, flax lily is used primarily as a foliage plant, and doesn't have showy blossoms. Very small, light-blue flowers with prominent yellow stamens are produced from winter through spring. Flowers are occasionally followed by bright blue berries about the size of an olive.
- This plant does well in well-drained soil located in areas with either sun or part shade, making it ideal for areas with shifting levels of sunshine. While flax lily can be killed back by frost, if your plant is well-established it will likely grow back from the roots once temperatures begin to warm back up. If you notice your established flax lilies have lots of dead leaves, or variegated leaves that have reverted to an all-green form, you can cut them down to the crown in late winter.
- This adaptable evergreen shrub needs a regular water schedule to ensure the growth of a mature root system. After the mature root system is established, watering is needed occasionally, except during a drought, watering is needed regularly. Pruning old foliage is recommended to maintain a well-groomed appearance.
|Item Weight:||28 pounds|
|Package Weight:||28 pounds|