New Shining Birch Bark Cherry, Prunus serrula, Tree 5 Seeds (Showy, Fast, Fall Color)
Huge Savings Item! Save 18% on the New Shining Birch Bark Cherry, Prunus serrula, Tree 5 Seeds (Showy, Fast, Fall Color) by treeseedsplus at MV Green Garden Showcase. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Shining Birch Bark Cherry is most noted for its outstanding glossy reddish-brown bark. Old bark peels somewhat like a birch to reveal a polished
Shining Birch Bark Cherry is most noted for its outstanding glossy reddish-brown bark. Old bark peels somewhat like a birch to reveal a polished sheen that is typically described as being reddish brown, copper brown or mahogany brown. Native to Western China and Tibet, this is a rounded deciduous tree that typically grows to 20 to 30 feet tall. Narrow, lance-shaped, willow like, dark green leaves to 4 inches long are serrated. Small white flowers 3/4 inch across bloom singly or in 2 to 4 flowered umbels in March-April as the foliage emerges. Flowers are followed by cherry like red fruit (1/2 inch diameter drupes), which are not recommended for eating. The leaves turn yellow in autumn and fall away to reveal the tree's skin in all its glory. In the right light, it really does seem to be sculpted from polished copper or bronze but with a richer tone than either. Shining Birch Bark Cherry is not a very big tree and is an excellent choice for a small garden where space and light are limited. The sheer beauty of the bark deserves to be the centre of attention.
Features & Highlights
- Other Names: Paperbark Cherry, Tibetan Birch Bark Cherry, Paper Bark Cherry, Tibetan Birchbark Cherry, Cellophane Bark Cherry, Red Bark Cherry Zone: 5 to 7 Growth Rate: Fast Plant Type: Small Deciduous Tree or Shrub Family: Rosaceae Native Range: Western China Height: 20 to 30 feet Spread: 20 to 30 feet Shape: Rounded Bloom Time: March-April
- Bloom Color: White Flower/Fruit: Small white 3/4 inch flowers followed by 1/2 inch red drupes. Sun: Full Sun to Part Shade Fall Color: Yellow Drought Tolerance: Moderate Water: Medium Maintenance: Low
- Site Requirements /Soil Tolerances: Best grown in moist, organically rich, well-drained soils in full sun to part shade. Good soil drainage is essential.
- Culture: Prune as needed after flowering. Top tip for getting the best from the bark: never give into the temptation to peel away the bark yourself. This will actually slow down the tree's shedding cycle and there is a risk of infection. Instead, when the tree starts looking a bit dull, give it a scrub with a non-metallic brush and warm soapy water, or you could use a pressure hose on a very gentle setting. This will brighten up the older bark without affecting the tree.
- Item location: Elko, Nevada, United States Thank You for Viewing.
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by treeseedsplus, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By Tropical Oasis
mix of different varietiesclimber. delicious fruits. ...
Package of 50 seeds Clusia major or Rosea is a tree found in the caribean, including the Bahamas, Hispaniola, Cuba Puerto Rico, and Florida.. It grows in rocks or other trees at the start of its life and resembles a Ficus. Just as a strangling fig it...
Zone: 3 to 7 (Possibly 2) Growth Rate: Medium Plant Type: Semi-evergreen to Deciduous Shrub Family: Myricaceae Native Range: Eastern North America Height: 5 to 10 feet Spread: 5 to 10 feet Shape: Upright, spreading branching habit, shape is irregular...
grown for its delicious, sweet fruits tasting somewhat like pears sprinkled with brown sugar and cinnamon. The Alano is a cultivar which originated as a seedling of the Philippine variety Ponderosa. The self fertile, productive trees produce large, v...
By PERFECT PLANTS
mpn: glencoe-purple-3-4-FT, ean: 8944592362387,
An ideal plant for home gardens, the Glencoe Purple Thornless raspberry was created by the Scottish Crop Research Institute and is a mix between the black and red raspberries. The Glencoe is a compact plant and does great in containers! The Glencoe...
You are bidding on 1 seedling. American Beauty berry This flowering shrub is known for its beautiful ornamental purple berries.This plant is very ornamental with fine textured leaves, small pink flowers in spring and long lasting purple berries in fa...
Other Names: Saskatoon Serviceberry, Western Serviceberry, Shadbush, Shadblow, Indian pear, Juneberry, May cherry Zone: 3 to 10 Growth Rate: Medium Plant Type: Deciduous small tree or large shrub Family: Rosaceae Native Range: Northwestern North Amer...
The lychee tree is handsome, dense, round-topped, slow-growing, 30 to 100 ft (9-30 m) high and equally broad. Its evergreen leaves, 5 to 8 in (12.5-20 cm) long The lychee grows well on a wide range of soils. Lychees need full sun, but young trees mus...
By Colorado Hardy Plants
All plants are grown at and shipped from the Colorado nursery. Photos of the plants in their containers are from 2016. Please note that deciduous plants ordered in the winter months and early spring will have been pruned a minimum of 30% compared to ...
SOWING ADVICE Seeds are surface-sown or covered only slightly. Do not allow the soil to dry out. Containers are held in warm conditions until sprouts appear, which may take anywhere from 3-10 days. Move sprouting plantings immediately to bright light...