New Shining Birch Bark Cherry, Prunus serrula, Tree 5 Seeds (Showy, Fast, Fall Color)
Huge Savings Item! Save 18% on the New Shining Birch Bark Cherry, Prunus serrula, Tree 5 Seeds (Showy, Fast, Fall Color) by treeseedsplus at MV Green Garden Showcase. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Shining Birch Bark Cherry is most noted for its outstanding glossy reddish-brown bark. Old bark peels somewhat like a birch to reveal a polished
Features & Highlights
- Other Names: Paperbark Cherry, Tibetan Birch Bark Cherry, Paper Bark Cherry, Tibetan Birchbark Cherry, Cellophane Bark Cherry, Red Bark Cherry Zone: 5 to 7 Growth Rate: Fast Plant Type: Small Deciduous Tree or Shrub Family: Rosaceae Native Range: Western China Height: 20 to 30 feet Spread: 20 to 30 feet Shape: Rounded Bloom Time: March-April
- Bloom Color: White Flower/Fruit: Small white 3/4 inch flowers followed by 1/2 inch red drupes. Sun: Full Sun to Part Shade Fall Color: Yellow Drought Tolerance: Moderate Water: Medium Maintenance: Low
- Site Requirements /Soil Tolerances: Best grown in moist, organically rich, well-drained soils in full sun to part shade. Good soil drainage is essential.
- Culture: Prune as needed after flowering. Top tip for getting the best from the bark: never give into the temptation to peel away the bark yourself. This will actually slow down the tree's shedding cycle and there is a risk of infection. Instead, when the tree starts looking a bit dull, give it a scrub with a non-metallic brush and warm soapy water, or you could use a pressure hose on a very gentle setting. This will brighten up the older bark without affecting the tree.
- Item location: Elko, Nevada, United States Thank You for Viewing.