Rice Bean,White (Vigna umbellata) AKA Climbing-Mountain-Bean - 200 Seeds
Rice Bean,White (Vigna umbellata) AKA Climbing-Mountain-Bean - 200 Seeds by wbut2023 at MV Green Garden Showcase. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last.
Features & Highlights
- Rice Bean,White (Vigna umbellata) AKA Climbing-Mountain-Bean - 200 Seeds
- Very small White bean, with a mild flavor. Great garnish for salads. Climbing-Mountain-Bean, Feijao-Arroz, Frijol De Arroz, Frijol Mambe, Frijol Rojo, Haricot Riz, Mambi-Bean, Oriental Bean, Oriental-bean, Red Rice Bean, Reisbohne, Rice-Bean,
- Rice Beans (Phaseolus vulgaris) are related to the Kidney Bean. They have a mild flavor and firm texture. Grown in Idaho, these beans are 1/4" long and are pill-shaped, like a giant grain of rice. Their uniform ivory white color and unique shape make it hard to believe they're really beans.
- The bush variety can be 30-75 cm tall. Trifoliate leaves grow thick on the stems providing a dense ground cover. Yellow flowers are followed by round pods in heavy producing groups of 5-12 about 10 cm long. The plants require short days to flower. Seeds are ready for harvest 90-120 days after planting depending on the time of year.
- Sow seeds in full sun. Provide a support as plants grow. Plant about 18- to 24-inches apart. Keep soil evenly moist. Young pods and leaves can be eaten fresh or allowed to mature and dry on the vine before picking. Vegetable Seed Saving: Allow bean pods to dry on plant; then break them open to collect the large bean seeds. Clean and dry the seeds before storage in cool dry conditions.